How We Took 1 Dead eCommerce Funnel, Made A Few Simple Tweaks,
And turned it into a $90k Per Month Business in 3 weeks…
Less than one month in and we managed to turn that ship around, taking KJ Essentials from petty and horrible FB ad results to $90,000 monthly revenues from $20K ad spend!
Here we determine what to include or exclude. For eexample Reels have a high conversion for certain types of products and require specific cerative. It is also important to test instagram vs Facebook and IOS vs Android.
Facebook goes through phases where it will give preferential treatment/results to certain campaign objectives – we look to see if the brand was leveraging some of these optimisation pockets to their advantage
Tracking, Audience and pixel heath:
We check to see what sort of data has been “seasoning” the pixel and if this data is being used to further improve results. It’s crucial to check the CAPI setup, aggregated event measures and audience setup.
We review the keye metrics, such as CTR, CPC, Frequency, CPM, Conversion Rate. We are looking for potentially missed opportunities in existing creative.
We look for audiences and creative that may have been switched off too soon. We also look for posts in the feed that have significant social proof that are valuable assets
Following the audit, the final step before going live with any campaign rollouts was to do a full “secret shop” of the user experience to ensure the funnel itself and buyer journey was ready for conversions.
In our initial findings for this we discovered that the brand used a lot of fancy language in ads (which typically don’t lend well to direct response copy writing).
On the website the 2% conversion rate was immediately improved with just a few minor tweaks.
We found that the Afterpay button was not visible and loyalty program text was too small
We were tasked with increasing sales and driving down the down per acquisition from $100 to under $30. We recognised the huge importance in structure, and building a warm re-targeting audience that could later be tapped into.
Previously, the brand had run all audiences under specific products, without any structure. Our first strategy was to effectively structure campaigns and split ads between cold and warm audiences. An effective structure can have a huge impact on results as you remove the impact of duplicated audiences competing for the same space.
Audience had become fatigued, along with creative as the structure did not permit fine tuning evergreen content along the funnel. What this means is that audiences were seeing the same creative over and over again.
A huge mistake was missing the valuable content built over years of engagement with the brand. Historical data can contain gold nuggets of truth, everything from the best audiences to the most engaging content.
The content holding the most value had large amounts of social proof (comments and shares), and when used in new ads, more than halved the cost of results